Need a Car Accident Lawyer near Clearwater Florida?
Thousands of automobile accidents occur throughout the State of Florida every year. A physical recovery period can last for months or even years in some cases, and the financial burden can be just as devastating as the physical injuries. If you or a loved one have been injured in an auto accident, you might be eligible for compensation.
For Free Consultation, Contact Dan Zohar – Your Auto Accident Lawyer Clearwater Florida
Dan Zohar is an experienced auto accident lawyer with more than 30 years of experience and thousands of cases just like yours.
Personal Injury Protection Plan Explained
Florida is a no-fault state, which means all drivers are required to have a personal injury protection plan. This means that medical expenses are covered by the insurance company, regardless of whose fault it was. However, this plan only covers around 80 percent of medical costs and about 60 percent of lost wages missed due to the accident. It does not cover pain and suffering and property damages, which means you might be eligible for compensation of expenses not covered by your protection plan if you prove that the other driver acted in a way that any reasonable person would understand to be either reckless or negligent.
But what makes a driver negligent? One of the most common causes of auto accidents are drunk and distracted driving, whether the driver was texting and driving, or they were distracted by other passengers in the car. Other negligent behaviors include speeding, failing to yield, running a red light, or breaking other traffic regulations.
The Importance Of Having An Experienced Clearwater Auto Accident Lawyer On Your Side
Victims often think they can just submit a claim to an insurance company and get compensation. However, even if the insurance company offers you a settlement right off the bat, there are things a personal injury attorney can do for you to ensure you get compensated fairly.
- A personal injury attorney will help you assess your case and determine how much you’re entitled to. Remember, insurance companies have one goal in mind when dealing with personal injury claims: to get you to settle for the least amount of money possible.
- An experienced auto accident lawyer will help you gather all the necessary evidence to help you win your case and handle all the paperwork, allowing you to focus on recovery. Even if it’s obvious the other driver caused the accident, preparing evidence will show the insurance company you mean business and make them more likely to offer a fair settlement.
- A lawyer can handle insurance companies for you as well. You’ll be bombarded with questions and calls from insurance companies. It’s best to leave those to your attorney to make sure you don’t say something that will be used against you later on.
- A lawyer can also talk to potential witnesses and get their statements.
- Not all personal injury cases end up in court, but you’ll want to have a personal injury attorney by your side in case you do end up in court.
For Free Consultation, Contact Dan Zohar – Auto Accident Lawyer Clearwater Florida
Visit our areas of service to see if Dan Zohar can represent you in your case.