Car Accident Near St. Petersburg Florida
Car accidents are totally unexpected, which can leave you feeling like your life has been turned upside down when tragedy hits you. You probably have many questions and not enough answers. Hiring an auto accident lawyer will ensure not only you get the answers you’re looking for, but also the compensation you rightfully deserve.
For Free Consultation on your Auto Accident, Contact Dan Zohar
Dan Zohar is a leading St. Petersburg auto accident lawyer with more than 30 years of experience.
Common Causes of Car Crashes
Even though the term “accident” is widely used, car collisions are usually caused by someone’s negligence, a malfunction, or some other factor. Here are some of the most common causes:
- Dangerous roads are a common cause of auto accidents. Bear in mind that the government is responsible for road design, construction, and maintenance, and failing to make the roads safe for drivers is an obvious case of negligence.
- Driver error is another cause of accidents and it covers everything from drunk driving, distracted or aggressive driving to texting and driving.
- Mechanical failure is rarely discussed but it’s one of the most common causes of accidents.
- Low visibility refers to poor road conditions caused by rain, hail, fog or wind that seriously affect the visibility and control.
Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents can lead to a plethora of injuries, some more dangerous than others.
- Back Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Broken or Fractured Bones
- Burn Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Whiplash Injuries
- Accident Injuries to Elderly
- Accident Injuries to Children
Mistakes You Want to Avoid
While no one can be truly prepared for an accident, there are still things you can do if you end up in a collision to make sure you get the compensation you deserve. Here are some of the most common mistakes you’ll want to avoid.
Not seeing medical attention. Even though you may think you might not feel injured enough to require a trip to the hospital. However, collisions can wreak havoc on the body in ways that may not be immediately obvious. In fact, some symptoms can appear anywhere between 24 and 48 hours after the accident.
Not documenting evidence. Being in an accident is stressful in and of itself, so it’s not a surprise that not many victims remember to take photos of the scene of the accident. However, photos of the damages, the other vehicles involved, their positions in the road, and even your injuries can later on be used as evidence to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
Not hiring an auto accident lawyer. Even if it’s obvious that the other driver was negligent, you’ll want to consider hiring a personal injury attorney to help you throughout the injury claim process. Remember, insurance companies have one goal – to get you to accept the least amount of money possible, and an auto accident lawyer will help you assess your case and the compensation you truly deserve.
For Free Consultation, Contact Dan Zohar – Auto Accident Lawyer St. Petersburg Florida
Visit our areas of service to see if Dan Zohar can represent you in your case.