Pedestrian Accident Attorney Near St. Petersburg Florida
Year after year, thousands of pedestrians are injured in accidents caused by careless drivers and fail to seek the advice of an experience pedestrian accident Lawyer. In fact, Florida is one of the most dangerous states for pedestrians – whether you’re walking through a parking lot, on a sidewalk, roadside, or an intersection. If you or someone you know sustained injuries in a pedestrian accident, you may have legal recourse.
Pedestrians, when compared to other vehicles on the roadways, are more difficult to spot, which is especially true if the driver is reckless.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in St. Petersburg Florida
While careless pedestrians can and do cause accidents, many accidents are caused by negligent drivers or defective roadway conditions. Here are some of the most common causes:
- Not checking crosswalks for pedestrians
- Driving under the influence
- Distracted driving
- Limited visibility
- Not checking surroundings before making a turn or making illegal U-turns
Pedestrian Accidents Cause Serious Injury
The statistics on pedestrian accidents are beyond alarming. Here’s just a sample of injuries related to this type of accidents:
- back injuries
- facial or dental injuries
- brain injuries
- broken or fractured bones
- burn injuries
- spinal cord injuries
- whiplash injuries
- accident injuries to elderly
- accident injuries to children
Needless to say, all these injuries will result in medical bills, missed wages, emotional distress, and pain and suffering. If the injury was a result of negligence, you have the right to full compensation that covers not only the costs caused by the accident but also all future expenses that will occur because of the accident.
This includes medical expenses, but keep in mind that you’re likely to miss work while recovering, which can seriously affect your finances. You might also require counseling later on to recover from the traumatic experience. All this should be included in your compensation claim and a pedestrian accident lawyer can help make sure you don’t miss anything.
How a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Can Help
Many mistakenly believe that just because they’re innocent, they don’t need to hire a lawyer. This can affect your chances of winning your case, regardless of your innocence. Insurance companies will try to get you to accept the least amount of money possible, not to mention they will have an entire legal team trying to get your case dismissed. Here’s what a personal injury attorney can do for you:
- Help gather evidence, so you can focus on recovery
- Deal with insurance companies on your behalf to ensure you don’t say anything that might end up being used against you
- Assist you in determining how much your case is worth
- Help you build a strong case to present to a judge or a jury if your case goes to court
- Negotiate with the insurance companies to ensure you get the fair compensation that covers all your expenses
For Free Consultation, Contact Dan Zohar – Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Petersburg Florida
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a pedestrian accident in the St. Petersburg, Florida, you’ll want Dan Zohar – a leading pedestrian accident lawyer with well over 30 years of experience on your side.
Visit our areas of service to see if Dan Zohar can represent you in your case.