Slip and Fall Accident Attorney Near St. Petersburg Florida
Slipping and falling can be embarrassing and most people will try to brush it off and move on with their day. However, some slip and fall accidents can cause serious and lasting injuries. If you or a loved one have been injured, you’ll want to do everything to protect your rights.
For a Free Consultation Slip, Trip and Fall Accident Attorney, Call Dan Zohar
Slip and fall accidents can result in broken or fractured bones, back injuries, or even spinal cord injuries and brain injuries. Such injuries often leave medical bills behind, lost wages, pain, and other complications in life. If you’ve been hurt in a slip and fall accident, the first thing you need to do is discuss it with a trained, experienced slip and fall accident lawyer.
Why It’s Important You Consult a Lawyer
While you may be completely innocent, proving someone else’s negligence in a court of law can pose a real challenge. Not only do you have limited knowledge of laws and regulations, but insurance companies are represented by legal teams focusing only on personal injury compensations. An experienced personal injury lawyer will help you assess your case, guide you through the entire compensation process, and ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
What Should I Do After the Accident?
Slip and fall injuries fall under the premises liability law, which means venues such shopping malls, theaters, restaurants, and grocery stores are required by law to make their premises safe from harm that’s reasonably foreseeable or at least warn visitors of the dangers until they correct them.
One of the most common causes of slip and fall accidents are wet floors. Because a wet floor is a foreseeable danger, venue owners are required by law to warn their visitors by placing an appropriate sign. As careful as you may be, wet floors are not immediately obvious, which means you can end up falling and sustaining an injury.
If you’ve sustained injuries in a slip and fall accident, a personal injury attorney will help you prove negligence. However, there are things you can do at the scene of the accident to help your case.
- Look for the property manager and file a report. Then, make sure you get a copy of the report because you can use the report as evidence later on.
- Take photos of the scene of the accident.
- Were there any potential witnesses around at the moment of the accident? If so, collect their names, addresses, and phone numbers.
- Seek medical attention. While you may not feel injured immediately, keep in mind that not all injuries are obvious at the scene of the accident. For example, signs of a concussion can appear 24 to 72 hours after the incident. Having medical reports and bills will greatly improve your chances of getting compensated.
- Don’t talk to insurance companies. A personal injury attorney will deal with insurance companies on your behalf, minimizing the chances of you saying something that might end up being used against you later on.
For a Free Consultation, Call Dan Zohar – a Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer St. Petersburg Florida
Visit our areas of service to see if Dan Zohar can represent you in your case.