Slip and Fall Lawyer Tampa Florida
Dan Zohar is a slip and fall accident lawyer with more than 30 years of experience working on personal injury cases in Tampa, Florida. If you or a loved one suffered an injury due to someone else’s negligence, hiring a personal injury attorney is your safest bet in ensuring you get the compensation you deserve.
For Free Consultation, Contact Dan Zohar – Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Tampa Florida
Not all slip and fall accidents lead to serious injuries. In fact, most of them are just embarrassing and our ego gets the biggest bruising. However, some slip and fall accidents do lead to injuries. Slip and fall injuries can be relatively minor, such as whiplash injuries and back injuries, or more serious such as brain injuries, broken or fractured bones, and spinal cord injuries.
Liability for Slip and Fall Injuries in Tampa, Florida
Slip and fall injuries fall under the premises liability law in Tampa. This means that venues such as malls, theaters, hotels, grocery stores, and restaurants are obligated by law to make their premises safe from harm that is reasonably foreseeable, correct or warn visitors of certain dangers on their property.
One of the most common causes of slip and fall injuries in Tampa are wet floors. If an employee wiped the floor and failed to put up a sign warning visitors, the employee, and the business by extension, had reason to know of the hazard. Even if you’re careful, it’s not immediately obvious that the flor is slippery. This means if you stepped on a wet patch, slip, fell, and sustained injuries, the business is at fault and can be deemed negligent.
Slip and fall accidents cover everything from accidents caused by uneven floors or sidewalks and falling products from store shelves to accidents caused by potholes in parking lots or unsafe stairs or guardrails.
What to Do in Case of a Slip and Fall Accident
There a few things you’ll want to do in case you slip and fall due to someone else’s negligence.
- Take photos of the scene of the accident. If you do file a personal injury claim, these photos could be used as evidence and help you get the compensation you deserve.
- File a report with the manager and ask for a copy.
- Seek medical attention. If you’ve just been in an accident, adrenaline is coursing through your system and you might not feel any pain yet. Some injuries, such as concussions, are not immediately obvious. In fact, it can take up to 72 hours for the symptoms to appear.
- Consult a slip and fall accident lawyer. Even though you’re positive that the business owners are at fault, going against insurance companies on your own is a bad idea. Not only do they have much more experience with cases like yours, but they’ll come with an entire legal team. Is your knowledge of the local laws and regulations up to par?
- Don’t speak with the other insurance company. In the first few days after the accident, you’ll be bombarded with calls and questions about the incident, and having a personal injury lawyer handle them for you is the best way to ensure you don’t say something that could be used against you.
Contact Dan Zohar – Your Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Tampa Florida
Visit our areas of service to see if Dan Zohar can represent you in your case.