Slip and Fall Lawyer Tampa Florida
Slip or trip-and-fall incidents happen too often. You walk into a store or a restaurant and all of a sudden you fall down because of an unsafe condition such as water on the floor. You park your vehicle and on your way in to the store or restaurant you trip and fall due to a pothole located in the parking lot. Owners, tenants, and managers of properties have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain the premises [store] in a reasonably safe condition;
- Repair any defects or dangerous conditions upon the premises;
- Warn customers of any dangerous conditions; and
- Operate the business in a reasonable manner with appropriate preventative business operation.
The following are some causes of premises liability:
- Wet or uneven floors or sidewalks
- Falling products from store shelves
- Potholes in parking lots
- Inadequate lighting
- Unsafe stairs or guardrails
Things to do when you are involved in a slip-and-fall incident:
- Report the incident to the store manager and insist that they complete an incident report. Obtain a copy of the incident report.
- Take photographs of the dangerous condition [such as water, pothole, etc.] that caused your fall.
- Obtain the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of any witnesses.
- Seek immediate medical treatment.
- Call attorney Zohar for a FREE consultation at (800) 963-3311.
What to do in a Slip or Fall Accident
Important: You are NOT obligated to give a recorded statement to the at-fault party’s representative. Attorney Zohar urges you not to give a recorded statement so that it will not be used against you at a later date.
For more than 25 years, attorney Dan Zohar has handled many premises liability cases against some of the largest supermarket chains, restaurant chains, and department store chains in the country. If you have been in involved in a slip or trip-and-fall accident due to someone else’s negligence, give attorney Zohar a call for a free consultation.
Remember, my consultation is FREE. I only get paid if you get paid.